Welcome to the Munjoy Hill Neighborhood Organization!
Community, Connections, Continuity ~ since 1979
We are a 501c3 membership organization made up of dedicated citizens who are passionate about keeping Munjoy Hill safe, vibrant, diverse and fun. Since 1979 we've been building community and providing leadership to the neighborhood by organizing and hosting activities such as workshops and public meetings about growth and development in the neighborhood, candidate forums for local elections, neighborhood clean-up days, and casual potlucks.
The Munjoy Hill Neighborhood Organization also publishes the Munjoy Hill Observer, a free community newspaper devoted to informing, educating and entertaining residents of the Hill.
We value diversity and community engagement. That's why we encourage you to become a member -- or join our board! Invest in your future -- join the Munjoy Hill Neighborhood Organization today.
Join the MHNO for our annual meeting and elections at Rising Tide Brewing (103 Fox Street, Portland) on Thursday, June 18th at 7 pm. The meeting will include an update on MHNO activities, a presentation from City Counselor Kevin Donoghue, and the election of a new Board of Directors.
This year, with several long-time board members and officers completing their tenure, there is an opportunity for a new set of volunteers to jump in and bring their ideas, vision, and energy to the task of shaping the future of the MHNO. If you would like to get more involved, please consider joining the MHNO Board of Directors.
Here are 6 great reasons to join:
1. You care about maintaining the character and livability of Munjoy Hill while welcoming positive growth;
2. You want to stay in the loop about changes in the neighborhood and have the ability to influence some of them before they happen;
3. You want to get to know your neighbors and help plan social events, cleanups, and meetings;
4. You want to help maintain a diversity of housing options, and protect affordability for Munjoy Hill renters;
5. You care about Munjoy Hill schools and want to protect safe walking/biking routes;
6. You want to foster "thriving in place"- staying on Munjoy Hill as we grow older.
Nominations will be accepted up to, and including, the annual meeting on June 18th. For more information, please contact Andrea Myhaver at email@example.com or 207-632-3890.